Since 2008, we have been working on the ¡Adentro! ® Programme in collaboration with the Spanish Academy of Education (Academia Española de Formación, AEF) in Bonn to prevent the exclusion of older migrants who emigrated to Europe in the 1960s.
The aim of the programme is the formation of older migrants as socio-cultural multipliers. In particular, the objective is to improve the quality of their life by adapting a multi-dimensional concept. They are encouraged to learn to help themselves, to balance and improve their self-concept and self-esteem. The programme aims to avoid their exclusion by promoting its integration and social and political participation. They are motivated to take an active role and, for instance, to engage in a voluntary social service within their social environment.
It is a model programme initiated in Germany in collaboration with the Confederation of Spanish Associations of Parents, the German Red Cross, the General Directorate of Emigration, the State Institute for Senior Citizens and Social Services in Spain (IMSERSO), and the Spanish Society of Geriatrics and Gerontology. Due to the excellent success, it has also been initiated in Switzerland, France and Belgium. The Foundation intends to institutionalize this project also in Catalonia.
The Foundation contributes to the coordination, drafting of programs and evaluation of the three annual seminars. It also participates in conferences, workshops and research, providing technical advice and providing teaching in legal and psychosocial issues for older people and migrants.
Project 3 annual Seminars of the ¡ADENTRO! ® Programme
- See article La region Internacional 25.04.2021
- See article Crónicas de la Emigración 23.04.2021
- See article España Exterior 23.04.2021
- See article Crónicas de la Emigración 20.12.2020
- See article España Exterior 24.03.2020
- See article Crónicas de la Emigración 06.11.2019
- See article España Exterior 23.06.2019
- See article Crónicas de la Emigración 26.03.2019
- PUBLICATION of the “¡ADENTRO! ® PROGRAMME